Discover more from Mayo Media Newsletter
Week 2 Injuries, Cheatsheets, Projections
SUNDAY NIGHT LIVE
As long as this HURRICANE doesn’t knock out our power, Cust & I will be LIVE at 715pm ET up until SNF recapping the games, guessing the Week 3 lines, and cooking things in an Air Fryer for Cust to eat. This Sunday is a Mini Pizza, which, I don’t think is gonna great tbh.
Set a reminder here…
Week 2 Injuries
Aaron Jones (Hamstring) — OUT
Austin Ekeler (Ankle) — OUT
Zach Moss (Arm) — IN
Clyde Edwards-Helaire (???) — IN
Evan Hull (Knee) — OUT; Getting Placed on IR
Kendre Miller (hamstring) — Game Time Decision; Trending towards IN (MNF)
Cordarrelle Patterson (thigh) — OUT
Kenneth Gainwell (Ribs) — Missed Week 2
JK Dobbins (Achilles) — OUT for Season
Jonathan Taylor — OUT; On IR
Alvin Kamara — OUT; Suspended
Jeff Wilson — OUT; On IR
Week 2 Rankings
Amari Cooper (Groin) — Likely OUT (Plays MNF)
Diontae Johnson (Hamstring) — Expected OUT (Plays MNF)
Christian Watson (hamstring) — OUT
Brandin Cooks (knee) — OUT
DeAndre Hopkins (ankle) — Expected IN
Jakobi Meyers (Concussion) — OUT
DeVante Parker (knee) — 50/50 To Play
Puka Nacua (oblique) — Expected IN
DJ Chark (hamstring) — Trending toward playing (Plays MNF)
Jerry Jeudy (hamstring) — Expected to Play
John Metchie (hamstring) — Expected to Play
Mark Andrews (Quad) — IN
Travis Kelce (Knee) — IN
Pat Freiermuth (Chest) — IN
Greg Dulcich (Leg) — OUT multiple weeks
Anthony Richardson (Knee) — IN
Aaron Rodgers (Achilles) — OUT for Season
Week 2 DraftKings
Jared Goff and Amon-Ra St. Brown vs SEA (total cost: $14,000)
- 93 total points the last time these two teams met
- DET averaged 33.1 PPG at home last season (six games with 34+)
- Matthew Stafford threw for 334 yds vs SEA last week ... without Kupp
- Nearly a $2,000 savings from a potentially chalk Chiefs stack
Game Theory: The Lions are 5.5-point favorites in this game, so I could see the public attacking this game, but from the other direction. They could pile on the Geno-Lockett-Metcalf stack and bring it back with Gibbs or Montgomery, telling the story that DET leads and SEA is in catch-up more. By flipping that narrative, you can gain some leverage while still getting a big piece of this game. What if the Seahawks lead? Kenneth Walker had nine carries before Zach Charbonnet got his second carry in Week 1 and he is, theoretically, more healthy now than he was then. The 'Hawks ran for 235 yards and 3 TDs vs DET last season.
JAX/KC is going to be the target game. QB options NOT in that game:
Justin Herbert ($7,000)
- Not buying that more rush attempts than passes is the norm for LAC under Kellen Moore
- Keenan Allen looked spry, Mike Williams hopefully can stay healthy for 60 minutes
- 7 games with over 290 pass yards last season
- TEN allowed just 2.6 YPC last week ... LAC could abandon the run EARLY
Baker Mayfield ($5,100) ... again!
- Ultra slow start in Week 1, but figured it out
- Savings opens you up to splurge at RBs (one build: Saquon AND Jacobs)
- Godwin/Evans saw 50% of Week 1 targets (68% of receiving yards)
- Good players getting good volume is never a bad thing
Elite WR talent is largely off of the main slate. Some middling options ...
Zay Flowers ($5,000)
- 48% target share in Week 1, that doesn't happen by accident
- Mark Andrews returning would hurt his quantity of target, but maybe help quality
- Could he be a version of elite Deebo Samuel (get him the ball by any means necessary)?
Jahan Dotson ($4,900)
- $800 discount from Terry McLaurin (Patrick Surtain shadow?)
- We just saw a WR2 go bananas vs DEN (Jakobi Meyers was WR3 in Week 1)
- 7 shallow targets last week was a matchup thing ... 7 targets will pay this off this week
Various contrarian/punt plays
- Christian Kirk vs KC
- Darius Slayton at AZ
- Kadarius Toney at JAX
- Logan Thomas at DEN
- If you go cheap with the TB stack, you might be able to pay up to be different
- LAR: 2.3 YPC in Week 1 at SEA
- If Stafford drops back 40+ times, slate-breaking potential here
- If you don't buy the Baker stack, fully fade it!
- Rashaad White, 5th worst yards over expectation ground game last week since the beginning of 2022
- Same thought as above ... 40 Baker drop backs pays off a cheap D/ST nine times outta 10
- CHI D/ST was middle of the road in turnover rate last season
WEEK 2 PICK’EM
Leaguesafe is offering up $1,000 for a free pick’em game every week. Great way to build bankroll with no investment. Two reasons to play?
A) It’s Free
B) Takes like 30 seconds to play.
Download the FREE Leaguesafe App (Apple or Android) and click “Games” on the bottom. Then BOOM, make your picks
Week 2 DFS Ownership & Top Plays
Justin Freeman released this handy cheatsheet to guide you quickly this weekend. This chart is from Friday evening. Once certain players are offically ruled IN or OUT, then everything will get a fresh update Sunday morning. But it should give you a sense of what people are doing on DraftKings this week.
For example, AJ Dillon and Josh Kelley would expected to be more prominent on the ownership chart once we know the status of the starters for sure. So, follow Justin for that update.
All of the numbers are from Run The Sims btw.