Discover more from Mayo Media Newsletter
Heritage Final Bets, DraftKings, NFL Mock Draft
+ Best Sitcom Bracket Voting
BEST SITCOM BRACKET
*RT to get into a $100 Draw*
*Reply With Final 4 for another $100 Draw*
Also, I didn't pick shows or seedings, @SiaNejad did. So be mad at him. I was
Just decided to pepper the middle range since I couldn’t narrow it down. I talked it through with Tambo…
Sungjae Im — It’s been long enough for Sungjae to pick up win No. 3, and where better than at a short, bermudagrass course. That’s his thing. He comes in riding hot irons, picking up strokes on the field at Sawgrass and Augusta; perfect timing to match the +2.9 SG: OTT he’s averaging in four appearances at Harbour Town.
Tyrrell Hatton — While a T34 at The Masters isn’t exactly great, it was evidence enough that Hatton has now put the wrist discomfort he sustained before the Match Play to rest. The Brit’s gained on approach at The Heritage three straight years, and enter’s driving the ball far better than any point over that span.
Shane Lowry — After another masterful ball striking performance at Augusta National, Shane Lowry has now finished inside the top 10% of the field in SG: T2G in four of his past five starts. It’s not like it was a bunch of jabroni tournaments either: Genesis, Honda, THE PLAYERS, and The Masters. He couldn’t putt any of those weeks. The one week he actually could, at Bay Hill? He magically lost the ability to drive and hit irons. Golf’s super weird. Now, beyond gaining the most strokes per round on Pete Dye courses, Lowry’s finished Top 10 at Harbour Town three of the past four years, and has actually gained on the greens in four if his five starts lifetime. One of these weeks everything is going to align for him, so why not at a place where it’s almost already happened multiple times before?
Sam Burns — I’d been betting his big numbers all year, so it only makes he wins Match Play when I’m nowhere to be found. LOSAHHHH!!!! However, his number is almost exactly what it was (or better in some spots) than it was a week ago at The Masters. Seems odds. And even if it doesn’t have his best stuff some of the days, any time you can get him on Bermuda he always has the out of putting his way ball striking troubles.
NFL MOCK DRAFT
Every year, I send out the emergency signal to Ray Garvin and Thor Nystrom in advance of the NFL Draft. I don’t care about college football so I have no clue, outside of the QBs, who any of these guys are. Basically, I do it, so I can sit back and listen and gather enough intel to answer questions from friends and family who just assume I know everything about every sport. Fortunately, Thor & Ray are so good, dropping so much knowledge, I can actually fake it to an extent. This is one of my favorites all year long, and a great intro into the draft if you’ve been avoiding learning anything about it.
Here are the results if you just wanna skip to the end, and it is done from the perspective of who we think the teams will take…
RULES: No Trade allowed in this Mock
1) Carolina Panthers (from Chicago) — Bryce Young
2) Houston Texans — Will Levis
3) Arizona Cardinals — Tyree Wilson
4) Indianapolis Colts — C.J. Stroud
5) Seattle Seahawks (from Denver) — Anthony Richardson
6) Detroit Lions (from L.A. Rams) — Will Anderson Jr.
7) Las Vegas Raiders — Christian Gonzalez
8) Atlanta Falcons — Jalen Carter
9) Chicago Bears (from Carolina) — Peter Skoronski
10) Philadelphia Eagles (from New Orleans) — Devon Witherspoon
11) Tennessee Titans — Paris Johnson Jr.
12) Houston Texans (from Cleveland) — Lukas Van Ness
13) New York Jets — Broderick Jones
14) New England Patriots — Jaxon Smith-Njigba
15) Green Bay Packers — Dalton Kincaid
16) Washington Commanders — Joey Porter Jr.
17) Pittsburgh Steelers — Nolan Smith
18) Detroit Lions — Bryan Bresee
19) Tampa Bay Buccaneers — Myles Murphy
20) Seattle Seahawks — Zay Flowers
21) Los Angeles Chargers — Bijan Robinson
22) Baltimore Ravens — Deonte Banks
23) Minnesota Vikings — Jordan Addison
24) Jacksonville Jaguars — Dawand Jones
25) New York Giants — Brian Branch
26) Dallas Cowboys — O’Cyrus Torrence
27) Buffalo Bills — Jack Campbell
28) Cincinnati Bengals — Michael Mayer
29) New Orleans Saints (from San Francisco through Miami and Denver) — Calijah Kancey
30) Philadelphia Eagles — Darnell Wright
31) Kansas City Chiefs — Jahmyr Gibbs
THE TIDBITS (Now With Weather!)