Discover more from Mayo Media Newsletter
22 Tuesday Masters Update
+ Comp Course & Wind Splits, Tee Times, News
ONE AND DONE
Can you help me fill this fucker up, please? One Pick per week from Masters-British Open; takes less than 30 seconds a week. $100 to join $10K to first. DO IT!!!
Want some OFFICAL MASTERS SWAG???? Then you’re in luck, as I’m giving away some offical Masters Swag. Striaght from the Augusta grounds.
And all you need to do is leave one of those 5-Star reviews for the podcast. We NEED those reviews, THANKS
Here’s the gear in available in the draw…
SWEATER: SIZE LARGE
POLO: SIZE LARGE
Tuesday at The Masters
Nothing really happened ON the course with the awful weather. HOWEVEAAAAAA, Tiger basically confirmed he’s playing…
I posted the Tiger to Make the Cut odds at +120 in yesterday’s post, it’s now -115 in most spots, and frankly, I’d play it up to -150. When you consider HV3 is -163 to make the cut, -150 on Tiger still doesn’t seem too bad.
While I haven’t finished up the betting card as of now, I expect to have it all complete by Wednesday’s LIVE VIEWER CHAT with Tambo. Remember to set a reminder here…
If you need something to wathch or listen to in the meantime, Rick and I did go Player-By-Player of everyone in The Masters and gave our pros and cons + expected DraftKings ownership. Sooooooooo, you should probbaly check that out.
And look, I even timecoded each player so you can jump around if you like.
One that which came up as it pertains to the unknown injury guys is, maybe we parlay them together to miss the cut? Do I did that with Hideki and Ancer. Two WDs after a few holes would be fine by me.
Cut Sweat LIVE (Friday)
Here’s what I’m working with as of now for bets…
I’m still figuring out what to add at the top. I’m still leaning Spieth or Brooks, but in the longer range I’m still trying to pick between Lowry, Fitz, and Hatton. I like all three of those guys in regualr conditons, and I trust them if the wind starts to pick up too. Which, it looks like it may.
I think it’s still too far out to speculate on the potential wind splits on a Tuesday night. But Tambo and I will discuss it on the Wednesday show and probably be wrong about it… again. But if you care about the weather waves, here are the groups and tee times.
Here are the Top 25 players in SG: TOTAL since teh begining of 2019 in rounds of 17mph+. Or “WINDY AF” as we call it on Fantasy National.
The samples are all very small, and they don’t weight any course or field context whatsoever, so keep that in mind, but IT’S THE BEST WE GOT!!!!!!!
Taking a look at the recent winners on Tour
Valero: J.J. Spaun
- Easy game when you thrive everywhere … over 2.5 strokes gained off the tee, on approach, around the green and with the flat stick
o Gaining off the tee was nothing new (5 events in a row), but he did snap a streak of four straight events losing around the green
Valspar: Sam Burns
- Gained 7 strokes in Approach at Valspar (2nd best of his career)
- Has gained 4+ strokes with the putter in 3 straight events
THE PLAYERS: Cam Smith
- Has gained strokes Around The Green in 6 straight events (and in 10 of his past 11)
o He’s gained over a full Opportunity in 5 of his past 6 events
- Has lost strokes Off The Tee in 6 of his past 9 events
Arnold Palmer: Scottie Scheffler
- 3 of his 5 best career SG:APP tournaments have come in his past 5 events
- Over his last 4 events, he’s gained a total of 15.0 strokes with the putter (in his 4 events prior: +0.2 cumulative)
Honda: Sepp Straka
- The hottest putter around: over 4 strokes gained with the flat stick in each of the past 3 events in which he made the cut (heck, he picked up 2.2 strokes at API before missing the cut)
- Has gained strokes on Par 3’s in 7 of his past 8 events, a major change from his form prior (lost strokes in 6 of 7)
Genesis: Joaquin Niemann
- Has gained both OTT and ARG in 5 straight events
- Has gained with the putter in just 2 of his past 7 measured events
At Run The Sims, we’ve developed projections based off race simulations. I don’t really know exactly how that’s done (not my scene) but so far they’ve been amazingly profitable.
My co-founder at the site, the one who creates the projections, has alreayd cashed in on DraftKings with the F1 projections….
and the best part… ALL F1 projections are FREEEEE at Run The Sims right now. Just sign up for a FREE ACCOUNT and they’re all yours. I believe they gte poplated after qualification.
While Kapaula and TPC Deere Run offer similar angled fairways for approaches, Rivieria and Muirfuild are likely the cloest to Augusta National in terms of shot shape off the tee and difficulty and speed of greens. So, why not put all three courses together and see who does best since the begining of 2008.
It’s early in the week, but I’m gonna do some speculation on the DK Milly Maker ownership. I’ll keep updating it very night, and Tambo and I will talk it through on Wednesday’s LIVE show (12pm ET on MMN), but here’s what I’m thinking right now.
Until Masters Eve…